Saturday 22 October 2011

Twinkle Toes; Vintage Wedding Shoes.

A blog I read this week heralded this gem to me;

' the only problem with wedding shoes is that they tend to look a bit like wedding shoes'.

I tend to agree. For my own wedding I was desperate for a pair of Vivienne Westwood Melissa Lady Dragon shoes but could I find them in my size anywhere? No, sold out.



I ended up in a pair of white gladiator sandals, which oddly I found in BHS for £20.00, just as I was giving up hope and thinking of going barefoot. And I still love them.

The shoes below are all wonderful vintage finds from Etsy- I just love the trend for colour creeping into weddings right now.

I think they would look perfect with most modern dresses- especially short or 50's inspired ones. They might not be right for a traditional church service but they add certainly add a certain something- a little kitsch, a little bit of braveness, and a little bit of carefree, gorgeous nonchalance. And they make me want to dance- isn't that what you want on your wedding day?




No comments:

Post a Comment